Request Callback
modern home interior with décor and telescope

Buildings & Contents Insurance

If your home suffers a fire or theft, you can be thankful if you and your loved ones are alive and uninjured. But how do you go about rebuilding your home and possessions?

Author: Carl Shave-Director
Updated on October 14th, 2022
Free initial advice
No call centres
Individually tailored products
Over 20 years' experience
Local branches
Exclusive rates

Protecting Your Possessions

At the Mortgage Centres, we understand how important it is that your property and belongings are protected should an emergency occur. This is why we provide a comprehensive service of providing buildings and contents insurance to landlords and homeowners.

If your home is damaged or destroyed, the personal cost to you can prove extremely damaging, which makes it difficult to ensure that your mortgage payments, or other important financial outlays are met on a monthly basis. Equally, if you are the victim of theft, then contents insurance allows you protect your possessions.

What Do Buildings & Contents Policies Cover?

Depending on your situation, you may not need both building insurance and contents insurance – we can work with you to figure out the best policies for your needs.

Lenders will always have their own policy rules, but contents insurance will generally cover:

  • Electrical goods, such as computers, TVs, DVD players and stereo equipment
  • Furniture, such as glass tables
  • Clothing, that has been stolen

Some policies may even extend the cover to the contents of your garden shed. Contents insurance can also cover your personal possessions or furniture if you are the tenant in a rented property, or if you are on a trip abroad.

Let Us Work It Out for You

We’re dealing with the insurances and mortgages markets every day, and know exactly when new products or new incentives become available. All this, balanced with our 20 years’ knowledge and experience as qualified advisers, means we’re in a strong position to find you the best option to suit your needs.

What is Your Property Actually Worth?

You need to remember, for insurance purposes, the policies for building and contents will cover the replacement value, not always the market value. This means you may need to research the cost of rebuilding your house, rather than what you would get for it if you sold it. Conversely, for contents, you should find out what the costs of replacements would be for all your possessions – it may work out to be more than you think when you add it all up!

Taking Care of Your Property

The Mortgage Centres are fully committed to providing a professional service and the best insurance options to all applicants who come through our door. We make an effort to get to know you and understand your needs, worries and plans. With offices all over the East Anglia region, we’re perfectly placed to work out the best protection to suit your mortgage, your possessions and your situation.

Ready to Talk It Over?

Contact your local Mortgage Centres branch today and you’ll find an experienced, friendly adviser who will be more than happy to go over everything. Getting insurance doesn’t have to be complicated. Let us do the hard work for you. Speak to our expert advisers today for a free, no-obligation chat.

Contact Your Branch

Contact Us

Fill out your details and we will contact you

Contact us
Proudly working with
… and many more!

Thanks for getting in touch, a member of the team will be in contact shortly.