Dog theft continues to escalate, with some criminals now impersonating RSPCA inspectors, with the logo on their vans; these criminals target dog owners, demanding that they hand over their pets, to check their data, then pop them into the vans and drive off. The RSPCA would never employ these tactics, so don’t hand over your dog to a stranger. Instead, take a photo of the van and its number plate and refer to the Police.
Other safety measures to protect your much-loved pooch:
- Do not tie them up, or leave them outside a shop, nor leave them alone in a car;
- Make sure they are microchipped, and wear a collar with ID tag;
- Never let them off the lead in a public space;
- Ensure your garden is secure, with a lock and alarm on any access gate and don’t leave your dog outside unsupervised;
- Vary your daily walk routes and be aware of strangers filming you and your dog
Our team here at The Mortgage Centres urge you to stay alert and safe.